Thursday, June 25, 2009

Landmines and Nudists, Oh My!

After my recent attempt at urban home ownership fell through, my immediate consolation prize was a pair of plane tickets to one of my top must-sees on the globe.  I can't lie...there is nothing that I would rather spend my dollars (or Euros or Yen or Kuna...) on than travel, and I was struggling with the idea of placing "condo ownership" above "travel adventures" on my priority list for the foreseeable future.  At age 33, I still can't fully accept some of those "grown-up" ideals.   I literally need the adventure and unique stimulation that only geographic exploration can provide. So...Ladies and Gents, this summer, I am officially Croatia-bound!!!  

The BF (who is a teacher & has the whole summer to play) didn't need to be convinced of the merits of a last-minute trip to the Dalmatian Coast.  Croatia is also on his must-see list, so he is a delightfully eager travel partner!  We have traveled really well together on a couple of long-weekend trips...so hopefully two weeks of non-stop one-on-one time goes just as smoothly!  :)  

We bought the tickets a week or two ago and now have only eleven days until our crazy three-leg (but meticulously planned and bargain-basement priced) flight from DC to Dubrovnik.   After we bought our tickets, then we actually started to research our beautiful destination beyond photos and secondhand tales from acquaintances.  Oops...according to Lonely Planet, accommodation prices double in July.  Oops...apparently it's also nearly impossible to even find lodging in July unless you book far in advance.  Oops...looks like getting from point to point may be a challenge.  Oops...there may still be a few of those pesky landmines here and there.  

But on the plus side, Croatia is an official mecca for nudists.   

Woo hoo--let the adventures begin!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment